Monday, August 20, 2012

pajamas. painting. perfection.

I just sat down with my coffee. It's almost 11:30 and I'm still in my pajamas.
Oh well.

Tonight I have art class, the last official class of the summer. My art piece still isn't done but it was the first time I've ever attempted a oil portrait, so there's room for grace, right? But grace or not, I'm a perfectionist and I find myself lying awake at night thinking about every detail of the portrait. I've been to both the Getty Museum and the Getty Villa in the last week and I keep comparing my work to the works of the greats... A bad idea all together. Why would I do that if they had plenty of practice and I've only tried once? It's so hard to build on experience when in my head I see all the sketches and paintings I would do if I had the courage. I'll find it, I know that. Courage comes throughout the journey, you don't often have it at the start. And that's okay.

With the words of my favourite, van Gogh. Cheerio.
.









xoxo, madeline claire



No comments:

Post a Comment