Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Prestige


A mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy -- full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dangerous and deadly consequences. From the time that they first met as young magicians on the rise, Robert Angier and Alfred Borden were competitors. However, their friendly competition evolves into a bitter rivalry making them fierce enemies-for-life and consequently jeopardizing the lives of everyone around them. Set against the backdrop of turn-of-the-century London. (Source)

The other night I watched 'The Prestige' with my mom and oh goodness, it was intense. I love movies that make you think and take you to a deeper level of human thought and this movie completely took my mind somewhere else and the whole time I wanted to discover what it meant, what was going on and why they did what they did. Following the story of these two obsessed magicians was thrilling and horrifying as their lives fell about around them and yet they hardly noticed till the end. The mystery and secrets behind it kept you wanting to know more. It's not a movie I could watch all the time but it's something I'm glad a saw and one I will always remember. Some of it was not for the faint-at-heart. I can't really explain why because I'd give it away but let's just say I kind of freaked out and grabbed the nearest pillow. ;) But that's just me, haha. I liked the whole magician part of it and watching the tricks they performed. But what can I say, I love magic! I'm also fond of movies that involve stage life and the performer because I love to perform. I love the artistry behind it. Anyone who wants to see a well done film with a hard to uncover plot, this is the movie for you! Although, don't expect to walk away feeling light hearted, expect to walk away almost confused with something new to think on. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dude one of my favorites!!!!! Such a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's pretty amazing! Drake is always begging me to watch it with him again.

    ReplyDelete