Monday, August 19, 2013

The Wedding

This post is long overdue but I thought I'd post it anyway. Because my sister's wedding day was one of the most brilliant days I've ever experienced.

May 5 was the anticipated day, and with much chaos, joy and laughter we swiftly approached it. It seemed like a dream when I woke up that Sunday morning and prepared for one of the grandest occasions in life. My sister, full of a special kind of joy, a joy that I believe is somehow tucked away inside a girl until her wedding day, was about to be married. Life moves so fast. So simply I can recall Stacia and I as little girls, and here we are now. How do we adjust to such changes, good as they are? The day was feel of bittersweet tears, rightly so, as change brings us to a place of reflection. Even still there are days when I am filled to the brim of emotions that life falls into such beautiful moments. I feel blessed beyond compare to have such a wonderful sister, and that her wedding was such a day to remember. Everything felt completely romantic and timeless. I was honestly breathless the entire day, and my heart felt like bursting when I saw Stacia marry the love of her life.

Leading up to the wedding we had so many joyous moments. I adore Stacia and Michael's friends. I love the friends I got to see again, and the new people I got to meet. We laughed till our hearts were full as we prepared for the big day. Stressful as it was, the wedding preparation is connected to some of my best memories. I recall all the craziness like it was yesterday. Like the moment we found out the preacher couldn't perform the ceremony anymore and we had to fly out our pastor from California the day before the wedding. Or the way it rained on the wedding day but it ebbed and flowed in perfection and we weren't really affected by it all that much (even though the ceremony was outside). I am so grateful for memories and the sentimentality they evoke. Call my silly but I still find myself stopping and thinking of the wedding. It was a wonderful day. But even better - it was the start of a beautiful marriage.

copyright Sarah Becker Photography

xoxo
madeline claire

No comments:

Post a Comment