Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Aloha!

My family and I are in Hawaii, the island of Maui! We've been here together since Friday and it's been quite the adventure. When I say adventure I'm talking tsunami warning type of adventure. Saturday Canada was hit with an earthquake that caused waves to hit different coastlines. Maui was under warning, serious warning, complete with sirens and speakers reminding everyone to move to higher ground. Having memories of tsunami footage I saw when I was quite young gave me chills. I could picture the giant wave enveloping homes and lives. The sirens seemed to have a bad effect on traffic causing everyone to go into a mad scramble to stay safe. Yet the wave turned out to be 5 feet. Just 5 feet! I could have gone and played in that water! I am thankful, though. Nothing was damaged and all were safe. 

Maui is lovely. The green trees and plants are breathtaking, the clean air is refreshing and I quite enjoy the signing birds. They're everywhere! We've experienced nature, and the tiny local towns. I tried sushi, and hated it... Little things like that. It's just wonderful to be here with family, making memories and trying new things.

I'll write more when I have time but until then, Aloha!

Xoxo, madeline claire

1 comment: