Monday, March 21, 2011

Crown Duel/Court Duel

Crown Duel/Court Duel by Sherwood Smith
Synopsis from Goodreads:
 A deathbed promise to their father sends a daring girl and her brother off to war. Filled with intrigue, romance, and magic, this spellbinding novel is a dramatic coming-of-age story about a girl who rises from impoverished beginnings to take command of her own fate.

This book was completely amazing. My best friend Anna lent it to me with high recommendation and I'm so glad she did! I'm not really sure why this book isn't sold in many book stores and isn't a story you really hear about. It was very enjoyable, the characters seemed real and well thought out and the story line was mixed perfectly! It had just about everything you could ask for in a story. Including romance. ;) Although at times I found the main character, Mel, to have some I guess you would call it temper/anger troubles making me feel slightly stressed at times, being my only complaint. She was very real though and had to deal with many things and learn so much before she became the girl you read about at the end of the story. I would seriously recommend this book to anyone looking for a truly great story. One that reminds you of the adventure books can be full of.

No comments:

Post a Comment